Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blood Awakening

Blood Awakening is the exciting sequel to Jamie's Manning's debut novel Blood Born. One of my favorite things about this series is that Manning was able to give his own spin to the vampire genre and make it his own. With his creative mythology and engaging storyline I think this a book anyone who likes vampires will love.  I'm going to try to give this review without spoilers. Wish me luck! Blood Born ended on a rather tragic note and we get to see the fallout of those events in Blood Awakening. Ava had a clear objective in Blood Born to win back her humanity but in this book she considers other alternatives for some personal reasons. There are some major revelations in this book that suddenly make Ava question everything she thought she knew. Ava's heart is tested in this book as she finds herself torn between two boys who each offer completely different futures. It was a great love triangle and I'm torn about which boy she should end up with, although I have picked my favorite. I think this is a great addition to the series. I might have even liked it a bit more than the first book. Jamie Manning is able to craft a beautiful and powerful sentence. I ran the emotional gantlet with Ava in this book. There were times I was close to tears and other times I giggled. Blood Awakening shows how talented he truly is. I will warn you though that is has a killer cliffhanger. *Glares at the author*. I can't wait to read the third book and see how the plot and love story gets resolved. Write fast Jamie! It's available now.

No comments: