Friday, May 11, 2012

On the Shelves!

Squee!! Yesterday when I walked into my Barnes and Noble I had no idea that my books were on the self in the store! They had copies of both Intrinsical and Indelible. Yay! The poor employee who pointed them out to me was the victim of an overjoyed hug.
My publisher is small and while a lot of small presses have their titles available online with B&N, they aren't always carried in the stores. To make that happen involves many steps. Since Pendrell Publishing is pretty new, it took them a while to build a relationship with the chain and to get their titles approved for national distribution. But Pendrell stuck with it and it happened!
After my ten year old got home from school I asked if she wanted to browse books with me. She said sure, so we drove down. I took her to the right section and asked her what she thought of the covers on the top shelf. She was commenting on them one by one and then she saw mine. She screamed, jumped up and down, and screamed some more. "Your book is in Barnes and Noble!"
It was serious a dream come true.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

I wish you had taken a video of the little one.... though I can imagine it in my head....so cute....

Miriam Forster said...

Holy cow that's wonderful! Congratulations!

(Congrats on getting RAOK blitzed today too!)

PurpleMist. said...

Woah! That is amazing!
Congrats :D