Friday, March 2, 2012

Funny Friday


A while ago I found this cartoon in the Parade magazine. Sometimes getting feedback from beta-readers and editors feels exactly like this. I was working on Indelible when I read it and I was
able to relate to it immediately. I told one of my author friends about it. "That isn't funny," she said. "That is so horrible!" Part of me agreed with her. The cartoon made me want to laugh and cry at the same time. How does it make you feel?

It was created by the talented cartoonist Dave Coverly, who was nice enough to let me post it on my blog. You can find out more about him and enjoy more of his work on his website here.

3 comments:

Laura Barnes said...

I love it! If we can't laugh about our experiences, then we're way too serious. :)

Of course, crying about it is okay too. Just as long as there's the laughing part along with the crying.

Jamie Manning said...

Look at the writer's slumped shoulders...that's me every day! lol You know, I think writers are THE definition of insane: we keep trying the same thing over and over, hoping for different results!

Lani Woodland said...

I'm glad you guys had the same reaction I did to the cartoon. :) And I agree about your insanity theory Jamie. :)