Monday, April 6, 2015

The Hunt For The Big Bad Wolf


If you read my blog, then you'll know I love E.M. Tippetts' books. I have enjoyed all of them.  'Someone Else's Fairytale' is my favorite series though. This book is the third in that series. I really think you should read the first two before you read this one.
First, let me say I LOVED this book. Jason and Chloe remain one of my favorite literary couples. They are both good characters, genuinely nice people you can cheer for. I've enjoyed their fairytale. What's interesting about this series is we get to  see what happens after they fall in love and get married. Chloe is getting more sure of herself and letting her emotional guards down further. Chloe is such a good lead. She tries so hard to think clearly and not to jump to conclusions. She had more strength in this book. Seeing her stand up for herself was very welcome. She has really grown throughout the series while still retaining her sweetness.


While we have Chloe's work playing an important role in the book there is still plenty of time spent with her family and friends. Those scenes and the ones with Jason are my favorite. I know Jason's ex-girlfriend went through something awful but I still do not like her. I did appreciate Jason's handling of her though. I like Jason a lot. He and Chloe are a wonderful couple and I'm hoping there are children in their near future. I highly recommend this series.

While the storyline wrapped up nicely I was left wishing the story kept going. I think I heard that Tippets is planning on continuing the series. I really hope so!

Here is what the book is about (description and cover from Goodreads):
Chloe knew she was giving up the quiet life when she married Hollywood A-lister, Jason Vanderholt. She expected harassment from paparazzi but not from the writers of Blood Ritual, a television crime drama that brought national attention to a tough case she is trying to solve as a forensic scientist. While she and the rest of the Albuquerque Police Department once collaborated with the show, now relations have gone sour, and details that the police are trying to keep secret in the investigation are cropping up in episodes watched by millions. 


If that weren’t enough, everyone in Chloe’s life seems to be going through a rough patch, from her best friend, Lori, who is trying to plan a wedding, to her niece Kyra who is upset about Jason’s choice of television roles, to Jason himself who is inexplicably moody and withdrawn. None of this drama is the type of thing Chloe knows how to resolve. 
She is trained to do one thing: hunt down the big bad wolves of the world. But with her connections to fame compromising her work, she may not even be allowed to stay on the case. The clock is ticking as law enforcement agencies across the country try to find a serial killer before he strikes again. Chloe is faced with a choice, to help catch one of the most evil criminals in history, or provide support to the friends and family who have always been there for her. Either way, she feels she might make the mistake of a lifetime.



No comments: