1) Johnny Depp and Fergie (of the Black Eyed Peas) and Paula Abdul told my daughter she was beautiful. I will have to remind her of this fact in her teenage years if she ever has an ugly day.
2) My son got to fly a plane (well, he took the controls for 10-15 minutes) this past weekend.
3) The audience warm up host of So You Think You Can Dance handed my daughter the microphone and she entertained the judges, choreographers and audience.
4) My son has created his own cartoon characters and some great comic books.
5) My daughter got to lift the sword out of the stone at Disneyland. She made an impression when she handed out Valentines to all the princesses when we went.
6) My son had to speak in front of a group of over a hundred people. He paused for a really long time before he started and we were afraid he had stage fright, but later he said, "No, I was waiting for everyone to be quiet before I started." :)
7) The coolest things about them are their hearts, the sweetest I've ever encountered.
I realize this post might be up there with shoving baby pictures of your kids at people but I had to write it. My son bought his own copy of my book and has been reading it. Reading is hard for him, as he has Asperger's (a high functioning form of autism) but he is reading it and discussing it with me. My daughter insisted she buy a copy too. She is only eight so it's a little out of her reading ability but she has been telling all her friends (and according to the her class room mom) has been pushing my bookmarks. And yesterday when I had a bad review given to me in person (that was an awkward conversation) she explained in great detail why she thought my book was good. They are both so sweet and I'm glad I have them for cheerleaders. Then I realized they do that for everyone, they are kind and stand up for their friends. My kids are way cooler than I am and I'm totally fine with that.