Friday, May 7, 2010

Sixteen Years

Today is my sixteenth wedding anniversary. At first I thought this post wouldn't be about writing but I realized I was wrong. Without my husband's support and encouragement I would never be on the brink of publishing my first novel! He does more than that though, he has spent countless hours helping me edit. My public education failed me when it came to grammar and so he has literally spent uncountable hours helping me proofread. He has suffered through my horrible sentence structure pointing out fragments, run-ons, missing commas and my split infinitives because he loves and believes in me.He lovingly assures me my grammar has improved. I'm lucky to have such a wonderful husband who lends his strengths to make up for my weakness. Happy anniversary, Handsome. And thank you!

3 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Such a sweet post. Without our partners supporting us, it would be nearly impossible to pursue writing.

I work hard at improving my grammar, but I make mistakes too.

April 10th was my 16-year-wedding anniversary as well. Here's my post about it:
http://theresamilstein.blogspot.com/2010/04/exercising-irony.html

Lani Woodland said...

Congrats on your anniversary too! :)

notesfromnadir said...

You're so lucky to have such a smart and supportive husband.
Happy Anniversary! :)